If you are using the symbols ™ or ® in in Yahoo search, they will be changed to unusual, garbled-looking characters in your account. This isn’t good for anyone, especially your clients. Luckily, there’s a quick fix.
In order to avoid or fix this issue, follow the tips below.
Avoid the weirdness by uploading new ads or sitelinks right the first time:
1. Create your bulk sheet in Excel
2. Save as a Unicode text file
3. Close the file
4. Locate the file in your library
5. Right-click on the file and rename from “.txt” to “.csv”
-You may need to update your view in order to see the file extension.
-To do this, simply click Organize –> Folder and search options –> View –> Select “Don’t’ show hidden files, folders, or drives”
If you’re already experienced the bug, fix your problems. To update existing ads or sitelinks that have replaced your original text with unusual characters, you need to:
1. Select the campaigns containing incorrect ads or sitelinks
2. Click Actions -> Download Selected – all levels
3. Open the file and filter to find the incorrect ads or sitelinks
4. In the Actions column, input “Update”
5. Change the ads or sitelinks to their correct variations
6. Copy and paste the updated rows and row titles to a new Excel file
7. Follow steps 2-5 from the above direction on Avoid The Weirdness
That’s it! I hope we’ve saved you some headaches with Yahoo!