- DATE(S) : November 14, 2017
- URL : https://socialmediaweek.org/chicago/events/navigating-nuances-facebooks-bidding-algorithms/
- ADDRESS : 610 S Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60605 United States
3Q Digital Director of Social, Molly McCarty, will be speaking at Social Media Week Chicago on November 14th!
Navigating the Nuances of Facebook’s Bidding Algorithms
Facebook is one of the most powerful social advertising tools available today, and yet many digital advertisers don’t understand its automated capabilities or employ its components to their full extent. This is especially true when it comes to bidding strategies. Although multiple bidding types are available, most companies adhere to a single one without really understanding the advantages of other avenues. In doing so, they underutilize Facebook’s algorithms and miss out on significant returns.
During this session, Molly McCarty, 3Q Digital social advertising expert, will dive into the intended purpose of each Facebook bid type and how audience characteristics and conversion goals should be used to find the optimum bidding strategy. She will also share insights into the data and spend limits required to make the most out of Facebook’s bidding and how the algorithms make use of other factors, such as positive engagement, in bidding auctions.
This session will also explore:
– When to change your funnel conversion goal
– Algorithm shortcomings and when to go manual
– Pros and cons of each bidding type and conversion requirements
– Attribution window optimization