This is the subhead for the blog post
It’s hard to believe, but I’ve now been writing Blogation for over two years! For those of you who are counting, this is post #207, so I’m averaging about 100 posts a year.
My goal when I started this blog was to write thought-provoking posts about search engine marketing that you couldn’t read anywhere else. Hopefully I’ve fulfilled that mission (if only on occasion . . .).
Two years on, there are about 240 of you out there that subscribe to the Blogation feed. Thanks to each of you for giving me a few minutes of your time every week!
I’ve never done a “get out the feed subscription” campaign, but since this is an election year, it seems like now is a great time to start a “grass roots” effort to grow Blogation. So whether you are republican or democrat (or Ron Paul supporter), please join me in this first ever “Promote Blogation Day.”
No donations are required, no attendance at rallies or steak dinners is needed, and no cold-calling to Iowans is necessary. Here’s all you need to do, it’s really quite simple:
1. Send an email/IM/Facebook Fun Wall message to your search marketing friends and encourage them to sign up for the blogation feed at http://feeds.feedburner.com/Blogation-SearchEngineMarketingThoughts;
2. Tell other people in your company to subscribe to the feed (this especially applies to you people at Google and Yahoo – you know who you are!);
3. List Blogation on your blog’s blogroll or your list of favorite blogs (shout out to ClixMarketing for their recent recommendation);
4. “Sphinn“, Digg, and Stumble Upon or [Insert latest social media craze here] Blogation posts;
5. Ask Search Engine Watch and Search Engine Land to add Blogation to their list of search blogs;
6. Reference Blogation posts when you reply to posts on WebMasterWorld and other forums (shout out to SearchQuant for the recent reference).
In case you are wondering, you don’t need to restrict yourself to these magnanimous efforts exclusively on “Promote Blogation Day.” Indeed, should you decide to quit your full-time job and dedicate yourself exclusively to promoting Blogation, that would be a very well-chosen life calling.
In any event, thanks for readings, thanks for your comments, and get ready for another year of exciting Blogation action!