This is the subhead for the blog post
On Friday at the Google PartnerPlex in Mountain View, 3Q and Google experts teamed up for a day of “Art, Science, & Innovation” to explore the frontiers of digital marketing and what’s truly pushing growth for forward-driving brands. A roomful of more than 120 people talked subjects including machine learning, CRO, advanced analytics, data visualization, artificial intelligence, and more.
We covered a ton of ground, but 10 takeaways stood out:
- Science requires art to come to life: real data is meaningless unless it’s presented clearly.
- It’s no longer the year of mobile; it’s the year of artificial intelligence.
- Voice search technology has become tremendously sophisticated – which is necessary since 20% of Google searches are voice-activated.
- SEMs must now consider search in a much bigger context: time, location, device, the user’s relationship with the brand, and more.
- Connected devices (Google Home, Amazon Echo, etc.) are ushering in an era of assistance and predictive behavior that’s in the beginning stages.
- Machine learning is showing us what to do – and what not to do.
- Machine learning is disrupting and advancing industries like health, agriculture, transportation, and more – but it’s still in its infancy and can only be trusted to work well in the right hands.
- Data synergy is difficult to attain, but its benefits – micro-targeting, audience insights, customer journey mapping, audience and persona-level channel attribution – are mighty.
- Performance creative must be informed by data, but the creative human touch is as necessary as ever for great advertising.
- The fastest-growing companies run tons of optimization tests with a quick, repeatable process.
Thanks to Google for hosting an incredible event! Until next year…