Today's the Day: 5 Great Resources to Transition to Google Shopping
Published: August 29, 2014
Author: Molly Shotwell
If you put off your transition to Google Shopping like you put off your taxes or term papers, you might be scrambling to make the transition today before Google does it for you.
If you’re still behind the curve and need some information about the transition (or just need to ensure that you’ve got all of your bases covered), here are 5 killer resources for Google Shopping (two are ours; three are from super-helpful outside sources)
1) 3Q Digital Account Manager Dan Hilbert walks you through transition set-up, optimization techniques for both bidding and product feed, and how to use new features like inventory filters and campaign priorities. This is a whitepaper and you’ll have to fill out a lead form to access it, but it’s definitely worth reading!
2) 3Q Digital Account Director Jay Stampfl (who spoke on this topic at SMX Advanced) and Account Lead Jason Bruggemann take you through cutover gotchas and best practices (for both PLAs and Google Shopping) and provide some super-advanced tips (including how to construct your feed for pre-orders). 41 minutes, and you’re ready to roll.
3) Associate Director of Paid Search at Hanapin Jeff Baum wrote a fantastic post on PPC Hero detailing what Google Shopping campaigns are exactly, and how to set them up.
4) Paid Search Analyst Jason Gannon asks the question “Do Adwords Shopping Campaigns Work?” over on the Wordstream blog, with the overwhelming answer being YES! If you’re upset about the change, be sure to read this.
5) There’s no place like home, and for this transition, home is Google’s AdWords blog. For the official word on all things Google Shopping (and maybe an obituary for PLAs), be sure to read Google’s post on the subject.