Round 2 of the 2013 Most Influential SEM tournament begins!
Published: February 27, 2013
Author: Hillary Read
After some expected victories and a few shockers, we’re into the second round of the 2013 SEM tournament!
Among the most intriguing results of round 1:
– Andrew Goodman knocked off Andy Beal
– Chris Winfield toppled new IPO titan Chris Lien of Marin Software
– 2012 semifinalist Dhiren D’Souza took down David Szetela
– Fred Vallaeys undercut Google honcho Eric Schmidt
– Joanna Lord took down Yahoo! co-founder Jerry Yang for the second straight year
– Marc Poirier (and, presumably, hordes of WFH fans) eliminated Marissa Mayer
And some of the best showdowns of the 32 entrants remaining in round 2:
– @rustybrick vs. defending champ @bgtheory
– @dannysullivan vs. home-bracket favorite @rodnitzky
– @joannalord vs. 2012 runner-up @joekerschbaum
– @kevin_lee_qed vs. @lisarocksSEM (who upset Google’s Larry Page)
– @aimclear vs. @mvanwagner (who knocked out #ppcchat maven Matt Umbro)
– @lieblink vs. Sergey Brin (the last of the Google troika still standing)
Voting for round 2 closes at 12 p.m. PT on Friday. Get ’em in!
– Hillary Read, Marketing Manager