This is the subhead for the blog post
Here’s a list of nine companies (top ten lists are so passe) that you should check out if you are into online advertising. Editor’s note: I’ve tried to avoid listing companies founded by friends, but a couple of these sort of break that rule. Nonetheless, I truly believe that each of these companies will have a significant impact on online advertising in the next two to three years.
In alphabetical order:
- AdChemy: Next gen online lead generation. Like an Azoogle or Adteractive, but with an intense focus on developing algorithms and technology to optimize ad spend.
- Adknowledge: PPC applied to email advertising, with a dose of behavioral targeting thrown in for good measure.
- Collarity: Collaborative filtering and search combined. Great targeting potential for advertisers.
- eSearchVision: A newcomer to bid management agencies from Europe. Have they solved Google’s ‘yield management’ equation?
- Moola: The concept here is that you play games against other people and win money for every victory. In between each win, however, you have to watch an ad and then answer questions about the contents of the ad before you can move on. My sense is that this particular company might not be the one to take this concept to the next level, but I like the idea a lot!
- Quigo: Like AdSense, but far more targeted with far less click fraud.
- SingleFeed: My friend Brian’s company – they enable you to send data feeds to all the major shopping comparison engines through one feed.
- SpotRunner: Bid for remnant TV spots online. Plus pre-designed ads so that you don’t have to make your own spots.
- Visual Sciences: Acquired by WebSideStory, rumor has it that this is going to revolutionize Web analytics.