This is the subhead for the blog post
Third Door Media’s SMX Advanced conference is just days away! The Seattle event is always packed with expertise and wisdom surrounding SEO and SEM, and is a must-attend for all experienced search marketers. This year, we’re honored to have three 3Qers speaking at the conference, sharing insights into today’s top digital marketing trends and best practices.
Our 3Q team members – Leslie To, Jake Favaro, and Jeremy Epperson – will all be taking the stage at SMX Advanced on Tuesday, June 13th:
- 11:15am – 12:15pm: Leslie To, Sr. Director of SEO – The Periodic Table of SEO Ranking Factors
- 1:45pm – 3:00pm: Jeremy Epperson, Director of CRO – Conversion Optimization: Turning Quick Wins Into Winning Streaks
- 3:30pm -4:45pm: Leslie To, Sr. Director of SEO – Mobile-First For The Advanced SEO
- 5:00pm -6:00pm: Jake Favaro, Account Director – Paid Search & Social: Twin Children Of Different Mothers
We sat down with each of our speakers to learn why SMX is such a powerful event for digital marketers. Today we hear from our Sr. Director of SEO, Leslie To!
- Tell us when you started at 3Q, your role at 3Q, and how that role has adapted since you came on board:
I started at iSearch Media (later acquired by 3Q in 2014) in May 2011 as a Search Marketing Intern. I am now the Head of SEO at 3Q, leading the charge on all things SEO. I’m in a unique position to lead the organization because I’ve seen and experienced SEO at all levels of this company. I’m leading the SEO channel not just as a channel lead, but as an SEO practitioner as well!
- You spoke at SMX West in March; what did you enjoy most about the conference?
Seeing how willing people are to learn and teach is one of the best things I’ve ever experienced at the SMX conferences.
- For those who haven’t been to an SMX event, why should digital marketers attend SMX Advanced on June 12?
It’s a great place to learn all things digital – whether you’re an SEM newbie, an SEO expert, or anything in between.
- What will you be discussing during your talk at SMX Advanced?
I’m on two panels. The first is the annual Periodic Table of SEO Ranking factors. The second is regarding Google’s Mobile-First Index.
- Why should SMXers see your session?
My topic for the rankings factor panel is about an ongoing study I’ve been conducting about the key ranking differences between different types of queries. I’ve always been curious to see if there are nominal differences, down to specific metrics at each position. And in this session, we’re about to see if that curiosity led to new findings (and learnings!).
For the mobile-first panel, I’ll be walking attendees through how to audit your mobile experience, and that pretty much applies to every brand and marketer out there. If you’ve got a website, then it applies to you.
- Can you describe one actionable takeaway from your talk that attendees will leave with and be able to implement into their digital strategy right away?
Ranking factors change all of the time and keeping up with the latest can help you get that edge, especially as search engines become far more complex. Mobile auditing is key to preparing for mobile-first. Attendees will walk away with an audit that they can use regardless of the current configuration of their website.
- Are there any sessions you are hoping to attend while you’re at SMX?
My colleagues Jeremy Epperson and Jake Favaro are also speaking and their talks are going to be amazing. Jeremy is talking on the strategy and tactics behind producing ROI through your conversion rate optimization program and Jake is speaking on marrying search and social media advertising.
- What is one thing you’d like to do in Seattle before you leave?
Go back to Frans Chocolate and buy at least 5 boxes of those things. They’re the stuff dreams are made of.
Check out the agenda to explore all the sessions at this year’s SMX Advanced. We hope to see you there!