This is the subhead for the blog post
This is a new feature for Blogation. I’ll be posting search/consumer online marketing job postings that people send to me. The rules are that a) I have to personally know you and b) it needs to be somehow related to search engine marketing!
Here’s an interesting senior-level job at Symantec. As you’ll see from the description below, you need a lot of experience to qualify for this job. If you think you know someone who could be a fit, pass their resume on to me and I will forward it to the recruiter.
||Reporting to the Vice President of Worldwide Consumer Marketing, the Senior Director of Global Consumer eCommerce Marketing is the business driver for Symantec’s online store. This person is responsible for driving qualified traffic to the store as part of our overall customer engagement, acquisition and retention strategies, while increasing customer satisfaction throughout the purchase process. This person will develop, communicate and execute new marketing programs designed specifically to increase sales driven through our online store and will partner closely with our Global Online Sales (GOS) team to ensure alignment of priorities.
- On an annual and quarterly basis, develop eCommerce marketing plans and accompanying metrics with input from Global Online Sales and Product Marketing; execute against plan and deliver results.
- Manage and grow customer acquisition through natural and paid search methods.
- Grow and track traffic volume and overall sales per customer.
- Execute effective affiliate marketing programs worldwide to achieve sales and growth goals.
- Manage the daily operations of all email marketing, including database management, analytics, and reporting.
- Collectively, drive business case and requirements for in-product demand generation with product marketing, Global Online Sales, and engineering.
- Drive Global online lifecycle marketing strategy for Symantec’s online store and customer communications by partnering with key organizations such as Global Online Sales, Customer Experience, Global Marcom and regional sales/marketing to coordinate overall Acquisition and Customer Engagement plans as well as the Retention strategy.
- Analyze and report daily, monthly, quarterly and annually, key performance indicators to senior management. Understand successes, setbacks, and opportunities. Communicate results and implement change for improvement.
- Manage all online channel communications delivery and governance through customer contact strategy including scheduling, prioritization, preference center development and management, and Email Service Provider management.
- Maintain expertise and keep informed of developments and trends in web commerce. Monitor and contribute to Symantec’s competitive edge by developing and executing “best-in-class” strategies and tactics.
- Recommend and participate in the development of marketing policies and procedures as appropriate such as participation in the privacy council and development of opt-in/out policies.
- Candidate has a minimum of 15 years of related work experience and a minimum of 8+ years in web commerce (preferably from multi-channel retail/catalog environment).
- Demonstrated success at either growing online traffic substantially for his/her company or clients or growing subscriptions while increasing customer retention through analytical processes.
- Accomplished at innovatively evolving new channels for customer acquisition and decreasing the cost of new customer acquisition.
- An in-depth understanding of online marketing using search engine technology.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, growth environment.
- A strong track record of innovation and development of clever, effective solutions to changes in technology or customer behavior.
- At least 10 years experience managing a team.
- Strong working knowledge of the various technologies and platforms to deliver an exceptional customer-focused online experience.
- Understanding of online measurement, site effectiveness and ability to know what the customer is looking for from a website and communications stream.
- Strong track record with writing successful use-case and functional requirements specifications; template development and content management system implementation, a plus.
- Data driven marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA preferred.
- Travel required, both domestic and international.