This is the subhead for the blog post
Editor’s comments: what could be hotter than running SEO/SEM for a leading social media portal? This looks like a cool job . . .
If you are interested, send me an email at davidrod (at) g mail dot com and I’ll forward it along to the hiring manager.
MySpace Director of SEO/SEM
MySpace is an online community that lets you meet your friends’ friends. Create a community on MySpace and you can share photos, journals and interests with your growing network of mutual friends! See who knows who, or how you are connected. Find out if you really are six people away from Kevin Bacon.MySpace is for everyone:Friends who want to talk Online Single people who want to meet other Singles Matchmakers who want to connect their friends with other friends Families who want to keep in touch–map your Family Tree Business people and co-workers interested in networking Classmates and study partners Anyone looking for long lost friends!MySpace is looking for a Director of SEO/SEM who will be responsible for managing the SEO/SEM teams within MySpace. The position will work with other stakeholders in identifying and implementing online marketing solutions along with creating strategic decisions that will impact MySpace’s overall business goals and requirements. The position requires an individual who is an online marketing enthusiast, well informed in cutting edge techniques as well as standard industry best practices. This individual will manage all aspects of the SEO/SEM team including measuring & reporting on traffic gains of both organic and paid campaigns. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading a multi-million dollar search marketing program in a complex category, with a demonstrated track record of driving change, setting strategies and superior execution that have had material impact on the bottom line. The candidate will also have deep technical experience in driving organic search (SEO) traffic from all major search engines. Working with both internal and external stakeholders to foster continual improvement and innovation, the Director of SEO/SEM is the definitive expert within MySpace on all matters relating to Online Marketing.
To succeed in this role requires a combination of technical and marketing savvy, which enables him/her to scope the landscape, define a vision & strategy, win acceptance of that strategy, and execute against the approved plan. This requires a combination of entrepreneurship and business savvy.
Salary will be based upon the candidate’s experience. We offer a unique and rich array of benefits, including a flexible work schedule and an assortment of health coverage options. We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team.
- Full P&L responsibility for paid & organic search, meta-search, search feeds, and a suite of online marketing channel partners.
- Setting objectives & strategies to exceed sales and profitability targets, forecasting & budget management
- Set up and champion centralized SEO strategy throughout the entire site including
- developing a roadmap of best practices
- defining common product & technical requirements for all platform-related initiatives
- setting milestones & delivering financial results for centralized projects
- evangelizing SEO with key internal and external stakeholders
- Drive innovation to keep MySpace paid search program at the forefront of Search Engine practices, technology and structure
- Champion scalable tool procurement/development which can be leveraged to deliver EI benefit
- Develop robust analytics capabilities to increase efficiency of paid search investment & scale campaigns further into the tail
- Become the worldwide center of excellence for paid search in the Social Networking space.
- Oversee and manage SEO/SEM team (7 individuals), including their development and growth
- Paid search team responsible for all major search engines, as well as meta-search and feeds
- Organic search team of both direct reports, and dotted-line responsibility with product management
- Identify & manage network of agency/vendor relationships (including contract negotiations)
- Establish and manage senior relationships with internal, cross functional stakeholders, as well as external stakeholders
- Work with the Director of Analytics to establish a vision for web analytics, data sharing, and tools and techniques for driving site performance improvements.
- Manage SEO/SEM activity including site traffic reporting and setting team direction and goals
- Stay on Top of Current Search Engine Trends and Practices and keep the Team up to date
- Implement and execute strategies based on actionable analysis of team performance
- Monitor Competitor sites to Ensure Competitive Advantages in SEO/SEM initiatives
- A minimum of 8-10 years of prior experience in SEO/SEM, web marketing background with at least 4 years in a senior role or with prior experience in managing a team
- Must have solid experience in analyzing and optimizing web sites
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with online media sites, social networking, social media or community websites with knowledge and understanding of top players
- Proven ability to optimize websites, Images and Videos for Organic Search
- Thorough understanding of SEM campaign optimization, conversion. split testing and ROI
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Understanding and Ability to Communicate SEO/SEM Standards and Best Practices!
- Strong project and people management skills.
- Proven ability to work across all departments to reach company goals; a real team player
- Demonstrated excellent business judgment and ability to delegate efficiently, both internally and externally
- Ability to inform, educate and engage marketing teams in emerging digital marketing methods.
- Ability to strategize, implement and execute online marketing plans company wide.
- Must be able to think outside the box and creatively. Proven skills in managing under tight deadlines in a very fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Ability to have fun!