This is the subhead for the blog post
As many of us are aware, retargeting previous visitors to our client’s site is one of the most effective ways to increase conversion volume at a low cost. There are many different ways/platforms to do so. Below is a quick intro to Perfect Audience, which has proven successful for a wide range of 3Q’s retargeting campaigns.
What is Perfect Audience?
Perfect Audience is a retargeting platform that helps you reach previous visitors within Facebook, Twitter, and other networks including GDN, Openx, and beyond.
A couple of pointers to get you started:
- To start off, I would recommend using Manual Bidding vs. Optimized Bidding. Why?
- It is much harder to scale up the campaign when you start with Optimized Bidding. Although the Perfect Audience reps will most likely disagree with me, that was the case when I first started using the platform.
- When using Manual Bidding, you can select how to bid up/down based on recency, or “the time between tracking a new visitor and serving them an ad.”
- From my experience, not all the exchanges they offer perform the same, so I would recommend using specific campaigns for lesser-known exchanges like Openx and Rubicon.
- When first creating a campaign, be sure to select which exchanges you’d like to target.
- I also highly recommend creating a mobile-specific campaign. Why?
- When you create a mobile-specific campaign, you can choose a banner size that you are not able to use in the regular campaign.
- Mobile-specific inventory is also much greater.
- Standard dimensions for banner ads are: 300×250, 728×90, 160×600, 300×600, 468×60, and 120×600.
- NOTE: From the tests that I have run, the best performers have been 300×250 and 728×90.
- Note: make sure that you track conversion goals within your campaigns.
- Once a goal is created, it does not get tracked unless you specifically select it within the campaign.
- If you create an audience using a URL path, make sure to include a wild card (or asterisk sign) so that you can include any subcategories within that URL.
Perfect Audience has proved to be an effective platform for increasing our clients’ conversion volume at low cost. By utilizing these simple yet effective beginner’s tips, I hope that the same can be done for your business.