Facebook Collection Ads: Tips on Choosing the Right Creative
Published: December 4, 2018
Author: Nikki Barden
With the holidays fast approaching, it’s not too late to enhance your digital strategy to capitalize on the millions of consumers hunting for deals. With mobile becoming an increasingly crucial part of the consumer journey, collection ads are a great way to showcase your products through a fully mobile user experience.
Brief Overview on Collection Ads
Collection ads allow you the freedom to craft your brand’s story through an immersive online experience. Served exclusively on mobile, these ads offer users the ability to explore your products without having to leave Facebook or Instagram. The interactive nature of collection ads makes them a great entry point for engaging new users and beginning the process of moving them through the funnel.
These ads feature either an image, video, or slideshow at the top of the page with four product- specific images underneath. Once users click on your ad, they are directed to a full-screen experience with the opportunity to discover more products.
The beauty of this creative type is the ability to attract potential customers through a customized story.
How to tell a story with your products
- Understand your target audience. Visualize their interests and hobbies and what would draw them to your brand.
- The static image, video, or slideshow at the top of the ad is the hook to reel in potential customers by informing them what your brand is all about. Take advantage of this space to highlight your main asset.
- Select your images with a theme in mind, whether it be a holiday season or a certain style. This strategy unifies the different types of creative within your collection to create a visually appealing and cohesive ad.
- Utilize images that complement each other, so you increase the odds of cross-selling products that can be used together.
Show users the possibilities and value your products can provide
- While the creative at the top of the collection ad is meant to tell your brand’s story, the images below can be used to demonstrate the value your products can provide.
- Try including images of people interacting with your product, to inspire the user and allow them to imagine ways they too can use your product.
Put yourself in the shoes of a mobile scroller
- Keep in mind that the screen size is smaller, so it’s important to ensure your ad creative is simple, clear, and eye-catching.
- Optimize your creative to include subtitles or to avoid sound if you choose a video format. This will keep users engaged who are unable to turn their sound on.
Have you tried creating collection ads? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!