This is the subhead for the blog post
Venture capitalists and private equity firms make their livelihoods on assessing risk and opportunity of potential portfolio companies. Industry landscapes, competitive threats, unique selling propositions – diagnosing those factors is fundamental to successful investments.
Where investors may have a blind spot is digital marketing, where a treasure chest of data and insights can help keep investors from taking unnecessary risk – or reveal latent growth opportunity that could have a tremendous payoff down the road.
What kind of insights? Consider the most frequent questions we’ve answered for some of Silicon Valley’s most high-powered investors:
– How much opportunity is there if the target company tried to scale digital media spend?
– What would happen if Amazon started competing in our target company’s vertical?
– Is the website of the target company optimized for the action we want the user to take?
– Will Google’s new products (e.g. Knowledge Graph, App Carousel, Hotel Search) steal traffic from the target company?
– Was the site recently hit with a penalty, and what was the opportunity cost of that penalty?
– Is the target company currently using the right media mix to achieve its acquisition goals?
– Is the company going to be on the right side of Google after taking into account its recent algorithm changes?
– Are there major threats in the space that would artificially inflate costs as we look to scale?
These questions target both short- and long-term implications for a company’s ability to grow and scale. 3Q’s digital due diligence can reveal more about a company’s potential for growth (and risk), especially hidden in paid search and paid social accounts. If you’re an investor, or a company looking to attract investors, consider the insights to be gained from the digital landscape. Learn more about digital due diligence services at 3Q Digital.