An SEM Holiday Wish List
Published: December 22, 2011
Author: 3Q Digital
Dear Santa: The usuals (a pony, a chocolate waterfall, a left-handed power hitter), please. Also, these:
- More mobile-optimized landing pages – SEM companies need to jump on this or suffer the quality-score consequences.
- Better multi-channel attribution in Google Analytics – It’s gotten better, but there’s still a long way to go (YouTube. Ahem).
- Accurate Geo Reports– Since, as our own Sean Marshall so astutely pointed out, they’re not telling you what you think they are. (Although Google seems to be taking a step in the right direction!)
- Richer performance data on sitelinks – They’re cool and all, but conversion tracking and historical data would give them a lot more juice.
- More transparent Facebook Insights – Fan page sales conversion tracking, for one thing. Please.
- Merged placement data – Once upon a time, merged auto and placement data was available to good SEMs. Manual merging is not the gift that keeps on giving – quite the opposite. Can we get our merge option back
- Query-level impression share data – Or even keyword-level data. Either way, let us know what we’re leaving on the table (or not).
The PPC Associates blog is taking a few days off for the holidays; we’ll be back and posting on Dec. 27. Happy holidays, everyone! (May your ROIs be merry and bright!)