7 Shocking Statistics about Modern Marketers
Published: July 6, 2016
Author: Hillary Read
Marketers have access to more data and information than ever before. This should mean that they’re able to make more accurate and sophisticated decisions to drive ROI, but that isn’t necessarily the case.
3Q Digital surveyed over 300 senior marketers (at least eight years in the industry) with one goal in mind: uncover the true state of marketing efforts (and challenges) across industries. The results are shocking in many ways. Feel free to skip ahead and read the whole report if you like, but in the meantime here’s what struck me as particularly impressive (and not in a good way).
1. Just over half of marketers (54%) have mapped their activities to customer journey points.
2. Just over half (54%) of senior marketers report that they are able to adequately measure ROI.
3. Nearly half (46%) of senior marketers aren’t satisfied with the amount of data that they have access to.
4. Three in four marketers wouldn’t describe their department as modern (78%) or nimble (77%).
5. One in three (37%) think that digital marketing is viewed as an afterthought by their organization.
6. 32% of senior marketers don’t have tailored strategies for specific growth channels.
7. 79% of client-side marketers who work with an agency think that marketing agencies should push back on client strategy if they disagree or don’t fully agree – but only 45% are satisfied with the amount of pushback provided by their agency.
Clearly marketers think their ducks in are in a row, but when it comes down to a deeper look, there’s a lot of room for improvement. Are your efforts (or is your organization) suffering from any of these pitfalls? Take some time to identify them and take positive steps to overcome the road blocks. Before you do, we’d strongly recommend reading our report to see what resonates with you (and if you’re an ecommerce company, we’d recommend downloading our ecommerce-specific report).