This is the subhead for the blog post
1) 25-40% of total online retail sales happen in November and December.
2) The 2013 holiday shopping season will be condensed, with 6 fewer days between Thanksgiving and Christmas than in 2012.
3) If you use the spike in demand to properly create loyal customers, 1/3 of the time they will share your brand with others.
4) 68% of people cited free shipping as their reason for shopping online for the holidays.
5) 48% of shoppers will search for, and only buy, discounted items.
6) Retargeting is the best-performing display format year-round.
8) In 2012 1 of 3 holiday shopping queries happened on mobile.
9) 57% of retailers have invested in optimizing their mobile websites in the past year.
10) 84% of shoppers use smartphones as in-store shopping companions. Furthermore, 1/3 use their phones for product research rather than talking to an employee.
-Connecticut native Mason Garrity has been in digital marketing for 7+ years, originally getting hooked on the field and startups in general while doing SEM at Kayak.com in college. Currently Mason serves as an Account Director at 3Q Digital in San Francisco, where he loves working with the Bay Area’s most innovative companies on growth strategies leveraging digital marketing.