1. Monitor and document entire competitive landscape including
- Competitor products and features
- Competitor positioning
- Industry and product trends
2. Use competitive products to gain first-hand knowledge of strengths and weaknesses.
- Compile info and recommendations for Product Management
- Use info to assist sales in forming pitches and rebuttals.
3. Express product message through creation and execution of engaging and innovative collateral, print Web content, and presentations.
- Create Product sheets
- Maintain Product info on website
- Determine content and write/edit white papers and other thought leadership collateral.
- Continually update and refine materials.
4. Support Sales Department with:
- Factual rebuttals to prospect objections.
- Displays and collateral used in prospect presentations
- Product and competitive training.
- Ongoing updates on new product features
5. Develop and maintain industry ties
- Represent the company at trade shows (periodically) and interact directly with prospects.
- Speak at trade shows, participate on panels, conduct demos, etc.
1. In-depth knowledge of the paid search industry
2. Excellent writing skills
3. Excellent speaking and presentation skills
4. Strong skills in understanding and assimilating technical product info
5. Extremely detail-oriented
6. Able to manage multiple assignments concurrently
7. Prior sales training and intuitive grasp of consultative selling techniques
1. 5+ years of prior Product Marketing experience at a B2B software company
2. 3+ years experience at a company in the paid search ecosystem
3. Many contacts in the Paid Search industry
4. MBA preferred
• Full-time salaried position – compensation dependent on prior experience
• Position includes equity participation and comprehensive benefits (healthcare, vision and dental)
This is an onsite position at Marin’s headquarters in the Financial District in Downtown San Francisco (2 blocks from BART). Marin Software is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workplace.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume with “Product Marketing Manager” in subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org